Telit Cinterion IoT Developer Community
Running multiple applications simultaneously using Threadx
Tutorial, December 7, 2022 - 10:51am, 63 views
Ever wondered whether running multiple applications on your cellular module is possible? Yes, indeed it is. I have attached an example of how this can be achieved. There are 3 applications in total to achieve running 2 simultaneous applications. Follow these steps:
- Compile all three applications separately.
- Load each of the applications to the modem.
- Configure "multiapp" to auto-start during the module startup
- The "multiapp" when running on module boot-up will start the other 2 apps in parallel. The 2 apps in this example are helloworld1 and helloworld2.
- After module powers up, you will see 1 message for each app on the debug console.
NOTE: Also review the changes in the linker file between the 3 apps to make the changes needed to run them in parallel.
Enjoy multitasking on Cinterion modules using ThreadX!!!!