HTTPS TCP Connection - Migration to SSLV3 broke out System | Telit Cinterion IoT Developer Community
April 12, 2017 - 1:38pm, 9211 views
I've developed an application that communicates with a web page via TCP. Passing the url, I'm using "https://.." and this has worked smoothly in SSLV2 without having to deal with certificates and such. Thing is, our hosting provider has updated the platform to SSLV3 and the system started to fail the communication, presenting the following messages:
java.io.IOException: Subject alternative name did not match site name
- com.sun.midp.io.j2me.https.Protocol.connect(), bci=642
- com.sun.midp.io.j2me.http.Protocol.streamConnect(), bci=108
- com.sun.midp.io.j2me.http.Protocol.startRequest(), bci=7
- com.sun.midp.io.j2me.http.Protocol.sendRequest(), bci=33
- com.sun.midp.io.j2me.http.Protocol.sendRequest(), bci=3
- com.sun.midp.io.j2me.http.Protocol.getResponseCode(), bci=5
For now, the hosting company kept us a port with SSLV2 but we need to work this out for the update.
So, what measures should I take migrate my system into SSLV3?