Embedded Secure Element | Telit Cinterion IoT Developer Community
November 11, 2018 - 6:28pm, 3285 views
Hello! I'm new member on your Forum. My name is Yurii, I'm 24 year old, and I want to understand what is eSE and how can I work with that. I know that is SIM card, there work one or few applets. I have many questions:
- That is a Java Card?
- Where I can buy that for test and work?
- What I need to know about IDE?
- How can I update the applet on eSE? With help method from GlobalPlatform?
- What I need for developing? Just software or what?
I know eSE using APDU protocol, T=0, T=1.
- What is the Storage Applet? (GP Card Manager)
- Where I can download or buy GEMPLUS Serial Smart Card Reader?
- And cap2cmd.jar
Indeed a secure element is a smart card but does not necesarily a SIM. SIM application may not be present.
eSE may be embedded into a mobile device or any other IoT device requiring cryptographic services.
It is standardized by global platform and there are eSE that are javacard compliant too.
you may find more info in below links:
III Víctor Zato
Technical Account Manager
Avda. de Europa 19 - 3ª Planta
28108 Alcobendas - Madrid - Spain www.gemalto.com or www.justaskgemalto.com
Can you tell me, where I can get IDE and developer tools?