EHS6 Rev4 Java Connection problem | Telit Cinterion IoT Developer Community
November 11, 2019 - 1:51pm, 2792 views
I have been testing a few new EHS6 modules
I've problems getting it to stablish connection to any server. I've tried with socket and http connections and different SIM companies
The APN parameters are set throught the ^SJNET command
I've recompiled our existing code with the new WTK and also I've triend with a small new test program. I cannot get it to connect anywhere. Is there anything that I should change or configure coming from the REV3?
There should not be any difference - you could use SJNET or pass the parameters in Connector.open() method. Is there any exception thorwn? Can you paste any log? Have you checked if the module is registered to the network?
Is there a solution now for this problem? I got the same when changing from Version 3 to 4.
connection string: socket://myserver:myport;bearer_type=GPRS;access_point=internet;username=;password=
java.io.IOException: IOError in socket::open = 0\n
- com.sun.midp.io.j2me.socket.Protocol.open0(), bci=0
- com.sun.midp.io.j2me.socket.Protocol.connect(), bci=107
- com.sun.midp.io.j2me.socket.Protocol.open(), bci=232
- com.sun.midp.io.j2me.socket.Protocol.openPrim(), bci=53
- javax.microedition.io.Connector.open(), bci=47
- javax.microedition.io.Connector.open(), bci=3
- javax.microedition.io.Connector.open(), bci=2
- java.lang.Class.newInstance(), bci=0
- com.sun.midp.main.CldcMIDletLoader.newInstance(), bci=69
- com.sun.midp.midlet.MIDletStateHandler.createMIDlet(), bci=63
- com.sun.midp.midlet.MIDletStateHandler.createAndRegisterMIDlet(), bci=17
- com.sun.midp.midlet.MIDletStateHandler.startSuite(), bci=24
- com.sun.midp.main.AbstractMIDletSuiteLoader.startSuite(), bci=38
- com.sun.midp.main.CldcMIDletSuiteLoader.startSuite(), bci=5
- com.sun.midp.main.AbstractMIDletSuiteLoader.runMIDletSuite(), bci=134
- com.sun.midp.main.AppIsolateMIDletSuiteLoader.main(), bci=26
We have not diagnosed any problem as there was no more feedback in this thread. And I have also not observed any issues of this kind while switching from rev3 to 4. Can you write some more information - what is the firmware versions (ATI1 replies) of both modules and have you recompiled the MIDlet with new WTK or not?
Thanks and best regards,
Probably my WTK is outdated, I use WTK Version : "REVISION 01.100"
Date of WTK generation: 5.12.2013. Where can I get an actual version?
Please see here: https://iot-developer.thalesgroup.com/documentation/download-documentati...
I changed to the new WTK, but nothing changed, same error. After days of testing I found, that the connection string: socket://myserver:myport;... did not work, but socket://my-IP-adress:myport does. Even when I set the DNS to 126.96.36.199 (Google-DNS) in AT^SJNET I get the same result.
I suppose this is an error in the firmware of the module.
This is strange.
Please try to use BearerControl class to display DNS addresses. Please also try to configure the APN and DNS (if not assigned by the network) in the connection string in Connector.open() method. You may also test NetExtension class to try to resolve the IP address for the domain for test.
it may seams I got stuck with the same issue. My solution after some horrible hours of trying.
The timeout was set in our project starting with TC65i with timeout=0 -- for unlimited connection. This somewhat changed with rev4
If you use timeout > 4 sec its working for us so far fin.
Hope it helps even my response it late.
My suspicion here was something around DNS. But there was no further feedback, so we can't be sure.