Thales' cellular IoT products business is now part of Telit Cinterion, find out more.

You are here

EHS5-E, A-Rev 00.000.42 with TLS error | Telit Cinterion IoT Developer Community

April 15, 2021 - 2:40pm, 3345 views

Hello,
We have several older EHS5 devices already installed and would like to activate TLS/SSL via a software update. However, there seems to be a problem with the firmware /A-revision in use.

I think we have exactly the same issue as described here: https://iot-developer.thalesgroup.com/threads/problem-aws-and-esh5

We are running on our own servers. Not aws.

I know that a firmware update would fix the issue. For devices with newer revisions, different chip, etc. it's already working as it should.

Unfortunately, it would not be profitable to start a recall here after all this time for a "free update" and I think there is no solution to update the firmware remotely?

I am currently looking for details about the problem. Where can I find release notes for the A-Rev?
I hope that we can possibly make an adjustment on the server side to be able to establish an encrypted connection without a firmware update (limiting the SSL/TLS version, ciphersuites,...).

Has anyone here had any success and can give me some hints?

The goal is to have a working MQTT connection over TLS.
We did already some tests on the server side. I can see the connect but for the most common cipher suites we don't receive anything in our application. Sometimes it works (just a message or two) with "TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA"

Thanks in advance and sorry for digging up such an old problem.

BR

Kris