Telit Cinterion IoT Developer Community
Bottle opener, CatM/NBioT demo
Showcase, November 4, 2020 - 1:16pm, 3921 views
Bottle opener is is a nice demonstrator for our CatM/NBioT products. It uses an EXS62, communicates via MQTT messages and runs on a 3.8V,680mAh battery.
- designed for EXS62/82, ENS22, EMS31 Cinterion modules
- Device is supplied by a 3.8V, 680mAh LiIo battery
- PCB strain gauges as opening recognition
- native USB2.0 slot for module access (if supported by the module).
- miniSIM slot for an NBioT capable SIM card
- on board ceramic antenna from the shelf
- very small microcontroller STM32L011
The SW is based on a 2 task simple operating system. It runs 2 serial interface streams, one of them an AT command stack. When bending the strain gauges, a message containing NCC and MNC is sent to the server and can be displayed e.g. on a world map. We use the module internal MQTT service, which allows to work with a very small controller. Server address is changed. After a few seconds of none operation the device switches off and restarts only when touching the device.