Telit Cinterion IoT Developer Community
PLSx3 - TLS certificate loading
Documentation, November 25, 2021 - 4:14am, 1914 views
Nowadays protecting data communications becomes more and more important. The embedded TCP/IP stack of Cinterion® wireless modules supports server and client authentication for Transport Layer Security (TLS) for all services except Listener services.
The concept of TLS for Cinterion® wireless modules is targeted on industrial applications capable of secure communication. The Cinterion® wireless module acts as TLS/SSL client and supports server and optionally client authentication.
The attached slides guide you through the TLS certificate loading process on the PLSx3 module (4G/3G/2G) covering the following items:
- General information certificate management
- What’s necessary
- Certificate loading – unsecure mode
- Management certificate (required for secure mode)
- Certificate loading – secure mode
- Establishing a secure connection