MC75i in Brazil | Telit Cinterion IoT Developer Community
May 18, 2018 - 8:50am, 2671 views
I have MC75i modules in the field for years. Worldwide. But now customer in Brazil can not send data. The problem is that modem after power up sends +CREG: 0,2 for more than a minute or even +CREG: 0,0. They tested several operators, none is working. Also, they tested SIM cards in mobile phone - it was able to work.
Can you advice what should be wrong? Thank you.
It looks like the module does not register to the network so the data transfer is also not possible. I think that it would be good to have a log with what happens after +CREG: 0,2 to check for example if the registration was rejected. It might be a problem with signal quality and antenna connection or configuration (maybe radio bands are reconfigured to not support all available - AT^SCFG command). Please check AT+CEER command to see if any extended error report is available. Maybe the problem is connected with barred IMEI number - in some countries there is a need to register IMEI before the device can be used.
The mobile phone test is irrelevant, as a mobile phone can register to any 2G, 3G or LTE network.
Has this customer been using the MC75i based systems in Brazil at the same locations before, with success?
At least Algar, TIM and Claro have been refarming 1800MHz to LTE which means less coverage for 2G. Some operators like Oi, support 1800 MHz only.
Please check if the.at^scfg="Radio/Band"? equals to "15" that means all 2G frequencies enabled.
You can also send at^snmon="INS",2 (without SIM card) to get a list of detectable networks in the area.
If the 2G coverage is too low, an option is to use the PH8-P 3G module which has the same connector as the MC75i.
Communication and Mechatronics
Enkom Active Oy – www.enkom-active.fi
Upseerinkatu 3 A, 02600 Espoo, Finland
Mobile: +358 400 411368
Office: +358 10 204 0000
Fax: +358 10 204 0010
thank you for all your suggestions. We will make some tests (hopefully) today. I had the information from Brazil that MC75i was successfully connecting and sending data - but it was about 5-7 years ago, when we started to supply our devices. Until now I have no info about problems - this is the first case.
About radio bands - we use default settings from manufacturer. And it is "15" - all bands active.
Using another module could be a solution, but unfortunately all other modules have slightly different AT commnads. It ***** firmware change and lot of testing. And finally, we test PLS62W (the only LTE worldwide coverage), but it is not available for production yet.
unfortunately our customer in Brazil is not able to find a solution with MC75. Therefore we have here a sample of PLS62W - and I believe it will be right solution.
PLS62W is not released yet - so, I am not sure about user manual. I have following questions:
1. we use at+cgdcont to specify APN and connection. Then, with at^siss we specify more profiles. I would like to have more FTP profiles at the same time (working in paralell). In manual I can not find how many profiles we can use for FTP? What are restrictions on number of SMTP, HTTP, SOCKET and FTP profiles?
2. I was told that ELS61 and PLS62 should be software compatible. But from my tests it is obvious that PLS62 does not use at^sics commands at all. Is that correct? Also, attaching to IP network uses at^sica=1,... command on PLS62, but ELS61 does not recognize this command. Is that correct?
3. for one user I need to specify user name and password for APN. On MC75 it was set with commands at^sics=0,user,... and at^sics=0,passwd,... But in PLS62 it is not possible. So, how we can set user name and password for APN on PLS62?
4. on ELS61 with sending email we need to use at^siss=0,cmd,msg. Then, using at^sisw=0,... we are able to write longer data to email body. (I do not want to user attachments now) I want to use the same mechanism on PLS62. I tested this - it works, but "cmd,msg" is not documented in PLS62 manual. My question is if we can use it for our application and it will be supported by modules in the future too? Or if it will be added in next version of user manual?
Thank you for your help.
1. In documentation there is written that you can have 0...9 Profile (the same ammount as in ELS61 and MC75i)
Keep in mind that if the host is configured as listener another service profile must be left free to be dynamically assigned as Server when the listener receives a connection request from a remote client.
For FTP there can be smaller amount of activate profiles, but i made test and i was able to have opened 10 connections (cmd, put).
2a. Yes, the implementation AT^SICS in PLS62 is different than in ELS61. In PLS62 you need to configure AT+CGDCONT.
2b. Yes, you are right. In PLS62 AT^SICA is used for activate or deactivate Internet Connection
3. To set user name and password for APN on PLS62 please check AT^SGAUTH
4. I have documentation to PLS62-W from 18/08/4 and cmd,msg is written as well as in ELS61 manual.
How to setup FTP:
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet" - for setup APN without username and password
AT^SICA=1,1 - Activate first profile
AT^SISS=0,address,"ftp://user:password@IP" // AT^SISS=0,address,"ftp://anonymous:firstname.lastname@example.org/upload/"
thank you for response. It is exactly what I needed. I have older user manual for PLS62W (26.june 2017), so, I have to ask for newer.