Telit Cinterion IoT Developer Community
NetBeans 7.2 offline installation with all NB Plug-ins
Tutorial, August 7, 2019 - 3:52pm, 7569 views
For Java ME development on the Thales IoT modules BGS5, EHSx, ELS61, and PLS62 modules you will need the "Installation CDROM" delivery. This requires the use of a Windows desktop PC running Java SE 7 and either Eclipse Juno or NetBeans 7.2 with a "Mobility" Plug-in.
You can use this article to:
1. Install NetBeans IDE 7.2 standalone - without the need for an Internet connection
2. Install the NetBeans IDE 7.2 Mobility Plug-In if it is missing (see section 10.3.1 of Java User Guide)
The article also discusses
3. Disabling the Java SE 7 automatic software updates
4. Understanding better the enumeration of our Java Modules and their use of Windows Serial COM ports
5. Checking everything by building the Volcano Robot example, found elsewhere on this Dev Zone.
The solution - download the PDF file below for full details: