Telit Cinterion IoT Developer Community
MFF2 SIM Cards Specs. MIM QUAD
Documentation, March 5, 2014 - 11:17pm, 93107 views
FullM2M Quad Overview
- The FullM2M Quad is a Machine Identity Module (MIM) specifically designed for M2M applications. The FullM2M Quad MIM combines traditional smart card security with a more rugged form factor, it is designed to avoid usage of a SIM socket (direct soldering on device’s printed circuit board).
This MIM has a specific form factor (DFN-8, also called SON-8, and previously called VQFN-8 in some documents) defined as MFF2 in the ETSI M2M UICC standard (TS 102.671).
- Packaging --> ETSI MFF2 (also know as DFN8/ SON8 /VQFN-8)
- Operating Temperature --> -40ºC to +105ºc
- Networks compliancy --> 2G/3G/4G
- Supply Voltage --> ISO class A(5V), B(3V) & C (1.8V)
- Communication protocol --> ISO
- OS features --> Javacard ,eXtended-Life , eUICC
eXtended-Life operating system is a Gemalto’s M2M specific operating system especially designed to maximize the lifespan of the memory chip, making it more resistant to stress (*****/write cycles) and allowing to have a very high level of reliability on the field.
eUICC is a new feature being implemented in Gemalto products. eUICC transforms the traditional UICC into a Multiple Independant Profile Areas UICC (MIPA concept) where different profiles from different MNOs can securely cohabit in the same chip and can remotely be administrated (download, activation, deletion).
- Compliant with ETSI TS 1202.671 MFF2
- Pin outline
- Compliant with MFF2 ETSI specs (M2M UICC - TS102.671). Cx is the corresponding contact reference on SIM module as per ETSI TS 102.221.
A reference design can be found under the schematics of the concept board
It would help if there was a datasheet with soldering instructions and recommended profiles for the eSIM MFF2.
I second that
Can you specify if unconnected pins should be connected to the GND or left unconnected?
And providing a proper documentation is also a mandatory thing for an IC manufacturer! So, please, again, give us some specifications for your IC!
Hello, could you please specify the Moisture Sensivity Level for this IC ?
thanks a lot !
please provide standard electrical characteristics: I/O voltages and normal and quiescent currents. Please also provide absolute maximum ratings for I/O lines and supply voltage.
Thank you in advance
It will be great if there was a datasheet with package information and recommended profiles for the eSIM MFF2.
Can you please provide layout recommendation detail for eSIM ?